Monday, April 03, 2006

Oh, Yes, There Will be Drag Queens

I am horribly late at writing this post, and am therefore a horrible person. Two weekends ago, us law school gals took out Arista for her bachelorette party. We were wild and crazy, or actually just kinda kooky.

The festivities kicked off on Saturday night when we all gathered at Moe's fab apartment in Courthouse in Arlington. For those of you not from Northern Virginia, this is a very swanky area of Arlington, kind of straddling the edge of yuppie-ville without being completely of it. I arrived, inflatable mattress in tow, ready for a night on the town! The group was comprised of me, Arista (duh), Caroline, Monique, Lori, Janice, and Virginia. Yes folks, we got Virginia to go out! Clearly the end is nigh because this is the first sign of the Apocalypse.


All of us trooped down to the Metro and went to Dupont Circle where we dined at this really adorable restaurant called "Al Tiramasu." Even though we had to wait 45 minutes for our table, and I managed to knock a wine glass off the bar and break it, we burned our way through 2 bottles of wine and were all feeling happy when we sat down. We had this great table right in front of the fire place, and the food was amazing. I even broke my veal taboo and got the fetuccini with veal ragu. Which was, hello, delicious, but I still feel guilty about getting the veal. I mean, little baby cow, people! HOW COULD I??

So, back on topic...after we had all stuffed ourselves, drank three more bottles of wine (and perhaps a gin and tonic here and there), we went back to Moe's for some good old fashioned chick flicks. Specifically, Bridget Jones' Diary, which only improves upon multiple viewings. Although I stand by my opinion that Colin Firth, however hot and amazing he is, does not look like a good kisser. After stuffing ourselves further with cookies, I inflated my mattress and went to sleep. Except I kind of forgot to put the cap on and in the morning it was almost flat. On the good news side of thing, I forgot my sleep shirt and Moe lent me when one of her t-shirts, and her size medium shirt fit over my boobs! Yay!

Sunday morning we all rose and shone (except for Virginia who was so hung over she had to go home, sad!) and went to brunch in Adams Morgan at a delightful little establishment called Perry's. They have a Sunday brunch that is delicious, and includes a free showing of drag queens! Yes, you read me right, there is a drag show at Perry's every Sunday. I had been before, and knew it was awesome, but truth be told, I was a little worried Arista wouldn't be into it. But she rose to the occasion and danced with all the drag queens that came her way, and I think had a great time! And she even danced with the one that was only wearing pasties, and let me assure you, that drag queen had undergone the reassignment surgery. There was no doubt. We had three pitchers of mimosas, danced and shimmied with drag queens, and enjoyed a delicious brunch.


Thus endeth the bachelorette party. Now only three weeks until the wedding and the trip to Savannah for the social event of the season!

No comments: