Monday, April 17, 2006

I cut my finger today. It was a not a paper cut, it wasn't with scissors or some other sharp instrument, I cut my finger with my own fingernail. I was reaching for a book and somehow managed to slice myself with my own fingernail. Sigh. Even my own body is out to destroy me.

In other news, I am getting nominated for a special achievement award at work for the idea I had for the mini-mentor program. Basically, when an attorney starts at our office they are assigned a senior attorney to teach them the law, and now a mini-mentor to show them the ropes. The mini-mentors are attorneys who have been at the Board about a year and remember what it's like to be new. Then the new person has someone close to their age they can go to lunch with, etc. My team chief says I could get a day off or a cash bonus out of it. Whoo cash!

Mom's Quote of the Day: :" LIAR! You LIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" (Mom yelling at the EHarmony commercial guy)

Currently Watching: West Wing *sniffle* Goodbye John Spencer.

Currently Reading: "In the Company of the Courtesan" by Sarah Dunant

No comments: