Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Life Is Better With Ketchup

Here we find ourselves, adrift in the first few days of 2006. How does it feel? A lot like 2005. Whether that is good or bad news I leave to you, gentle reader.

Yesterday marked my three month anniversary at work. Yay? No, definitely, yay. I had what was probably my first "hard" day at work. There is this one case that has been sitting on my desk for a week. Everyday I would change my mind as to how I wanted to write the decision; one day it would be a denial, the next I would want to remand it...and then my mentor (Dave, the mentor) came in and was all "oh, the correct answer is so obvious! It has been staring you in the face all this time!" Don't you hate it when people do that? It's just like when I can't find the ketchup in the fridge and Mom waltzes by and sees it in two seconds. ANYWAY, what Dave told me basically meant I had to rewrite the whole decision and I was on my third draft at this point. It was very annoying and I basically had a big five minute bitch fest and the I buckled down and did it. But it was my first big work freak out. Go me!

Oh, and the title of this entry refers to the t-shirt my mom got me for Christmas. I love me some ketchup! But not mustard. No, mustard is the devil's condiment.

Oh, and because people with live journals do it, I'm going to do it too:

Currently Watching: Best of So Graham Norton
Currently Reading: Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke (how awesome a name is that?)

No comments: