Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Rugapalooza!

Can you be a "palooza" with only one thing? Well, getting this new rug is exciting enough that I think it merits the suffix.

I have been searching for the perfect rug for my dining room ever since I moved into my condo (almost two years ago). The one I have been using is from my rental townhouse in Williamsburg, and was a 3x5 rug purchased at Ikea about 5 years ago. Fun, bright, with color blocks, it was ok, but it didn't really match the decor and it was a little juvenile for the room. Also too small, since the dining room table barely fit on it.

But getting a new rug is not something I wanted to rush into. I wanted to find the perfect thing, because as we all know, a rug can really tie a room together (so says the Big Lebowski. Or actually the not-Big Lebowski. You know what I mean).

Then finally, one day I found it. While out at the yuppie Herndon Target with Carly, I found the perfect rug. I foolishly decided not to get it then, confident that I could locate it at the Target closer to me. Oh, how naive I was.

Three weeks and three Targets later, I got it! Of course it was "in store only." Bastards. But the story has a happy ending and here it is, making it's public debut, my new dining room rug:


Behold! My new rug!


Extreme close-up!

Ultimate extreme close-up!

No comments: