Friday, July 18, 2008

Tolerability Index

In a complete rip-off of The Onion, I have decided to prepare my own list of things I've been thinking about this week, rated on a scale of "Oh, Hell No" to "More Please!"

Things that make me want to gouge my eyes out: All these celebrities and their baby pictures. Seriously. First of all, most babies look the same. Like aliens. You can disagree, but until they get to be AT LEAST a couple months old, babies look like aliens, or maybe more accurately, really old people. But the idea that "celebrities" get paid millions of dollars from magazines for the right to first publish their baby photos make me want to be sick. At least Angelina had the decency to donate the money from her baby's pics to charity. As for you, Jamie Lynn Spears and Jessica Alba, shame!

Barely Tolerable: The hype surrounding Dark Knight. Yes, I'll see it (in fact, I'm driving up to Baltimore on Sunday to watch it with Kim at the old restored Senator Theatre), but it's a movie, not the second coming. I am sure Heath Ledger is fantastic in it, and I am trying not to be too hard on the people who are already talking Oscar (but an Oscar? really?), since I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but when I turn on the morning news to find out the weather, I don't need to hear a 10 minute feature on how people without jobs were lining up to see 3 a.m. showing of the movie last night.

And I am actually really looking forward to seeing the movie, it looks like a good flick, although I was disappointed with Batman Begins. I think I'm just too much a Tim Burton girl at heart. Michael Keaton = Batman!

Oooh, I kinda like it!: Trader Joe's Garlic Basil Linguine. Yum!

I could do/watch/listen/read this every day, and twice on Sundays: God, I have gotten so addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I am actually glad that it is on for 3 hours every week. Especially since I have a DVR, otherwise all the commercials would probably drive me crazy. I love that show awards people who are not only talented, but have worked hard to hone their craft. It's not like they pulled people off the street and are having them compete as dancers. These people have worked their asses for years to become skilled, and it shows! Yay, good competitive reality shows!

Love: Going to see 1964: The Tribute on Wednesday with Doug and Carly. First of all, the Birchmere is a great venue; everywhere has a good sightline, they offer food and drinks, plenty of parking, the atmosphere is chill, and the shows start at 7:30 so I was at home in bed at my usual time. About 20 minutes into the show we decided to screw this sitting thing, and just made our way to the back and danced during the rest of the show. Unlike, RAIN, this band focused on the Beatles early music, stopping just shy of the Sgt. Pepper era when the songs became too complicated to perform live. But it meant that the focus was on the rock-pop and the early Beatles sound. Which was fine by us! Although I think we were some of the youngest people there, it was still a great time and I am definitely planning on seeing them again!

No comments: