Monday, August 11, 2008

Inaugural BVA Game Night

Last weekend was a weekend of games. Not the bad relationship kind, but the good kind with cards and dice. In an effort to make work seem more fun (yeah, good luck there), Chris and Stephanie have organized a Board of Veterans Appeals game night the first Saturday of every month. We started things out last month with a rousing round of poker! Here are some pictures to document the evening:

I think Kent is really enjoying the cookies I brought. But who can resist the lure of peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies?

See, I'm doing my best Blue Steel here, but remember what I said about Kent enjoying those cookies? Yeah, looks like they were a hit.

The big joke of the evening was how short Nate's shirt was. He has to be at least 6'3, and when Stephanie and I went to pick him up, he was waiting in the street, wearing this shirt, and looking like an overgrown kid. He stands by his shirt-length though. I'll leave it up to the public to decide.

Stephanie REALLY liked the pizza from Costco.

Todd flexes his muscles and the power of the big stack.

I'm playing the dealer in some heads up action between Todd and Chris. Who will come out the winner?

Yeah, Chris totally won.

All in all it was a fun night with games, great food, and good friends. See you crazy kids next month when the game of choice is euker. Oh, yeah. We're wild and crazy!

No comments: