Wednesday, May 31, 2006

No locusts!

Summertime, and it’s hot, hazy, and humid. Typical. BUT. Summer also means it’s time to break out the skirts! Now, here’s the thing. I don’t really mind wearing skirts, they keep you cooler and can be fun, but I look better in pants. I’m just saying. When you’ve got pudged legs and calves, you look better in pants. So I tend to not wear skirts until it gets really hot.

This usually inspires people to say “you’re wearing a skirt!” in a shocked manner when they see me. This usually surprises me, because while I was working at the bookstore in Williamsburg in the summer I always wore skirts. In fact, if I wore pants people would be in shock about that. Either way people are surprised. But here we are on Wednesday and I have worn a skirt everyday this week.

Oh, and one thing that really annoys me about skirts. If you sit in any kind of leather or plastic seat, you get that nasty back-of-thighs-sticking-to-chair syndrome. Ick! And then you get the indentations of the chair on your legs and that is not a good look on anyone. This is just another one of the myriad reasons why I don’t really like the summer. But my chair at work has a fabric seat, so woot! No worries!

Mom’s Quote of the Day: “Every time I call King David [our family’s Jewish cemetery] and tell them my name is Rachel Riley, they tell me I must have the wrong number. They say ‘you must want the protestant memorial park.’ Marg, when I die, you go over there and make sure they’ll let me in!”

Currently Watching: The PBS Frontline special on AIDS. It is amazing.

Currently Reading: “Scruples” by Judith Krantz.

No comments: