Friday, May 12, 2006

I Don't Wanna Make You Sway

Last night after getting home from the Washington Whedonites meeting (what? I told you I was a dork), I downloaded the Veronica Mars Soundtrack onto my Ipod. Smack dab in the middle of the Album is the song "Sway" by The Perishers. Folks, it is gorgeous. A mellow, dreamy song about lost love. Here's a lyric sample

I talk to you as to a friend
I hope that’s what you’ve come to be
It feels as though we’ve made amends
Like we found a way eventually

It was you who picked the pieces up
When I was a broken soul
And then glued me back together
Returned to me what others stole

I don’t wanna hurt you
I don’t wanna make you sway
Like I know I’ve done before
I will not do it anymore
I’ve always been a dreamer
I've had my head among the clouds
Now that I’m coming down
Won’t you be my solid ground?


Sigh. So awesome. Fans will remember this is the song playing when Logan and Veronica dance at the Sadie Hawkins Dance in Season 2. But even if you don't watch the show, this is a great album. It also has "I Turn My Camera On" by the Spoons which I think has been in some car commercial and The Dandy Warhols "We Used to be Friends." Get your ass to ITunes people!

Mom's Quote of the Day:
Me: "What do you want to do for Mother's Day?"
Mom: "I'm the Mom. I don't have to plan anything. That's your job."
Da-um.

Currently Listening to: Dude. Did you even read the post?

Currently Reading: "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk

No comments: