Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Attack of the Andibear!

Yesterday I was lucky to have dinner with my old pal, Andi. Also known as Andibear and the Worst Lesbian Ever. I got to meet her boyfriend (hence the nickname) and we had dinner at a restaurant in Union Station downtown. It was a beautiful evening (we sat outside) and talked about what we were watching, reading, and also made fun of Nebraska. Because, you know, we could.

I haven’t seen Andi in almost a year, in fact, the last time we hung out was in Roanoke last summer the night before I took the bar exam. And that wasn’t exactly an environment conducive for fun and hijinks. Although she does exhibit a great calming force. There is something very nurturing about Andi.

She and Jeff are oh so very cute and make me want to gouge my eyes out from the cuddliness, or maybe that’s the jealousy. I mean, my GOD. The LESBIAN finds a boyfriend and I am still waiting for that train. But, I digress.

Andi and Jeff were headed back to Boston after a wedding-filled weekend, and I was lucky enough to snag them for a few hours. The good news is they will be coming back to the DC area for a conference in November, which is like 6 months from now, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Oh, and I did my best to convince Andi to make guest appearances at bridge club. The truth came out that on Monday nights when she claims to be “writing papers” she is in fact “watching 24.” But I think she is afraid I will hassle her if she comes once and then never comes back. Where would she get that idea? COME BACK ANDI. We miss you! And we promise not to boot you from the table even if you take forever to decide what to play. And, hello, summer = reruns. So you are good to go.

Currently listening to: For Andibear, “Whiter Shade of Pale.” It’s our song.

Currently Reading: “The Book Thief” by Marcus Zusak

No comments: