Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We're Gonna Make Our Dreams Come True...Doing It Our Way!

When it rains, it pours. Although for the first time, this saying is not referring to bad stuff, but to good stuff. On Monday I not only closed on my condo (I’m a homeowner!!) but also got a promotion at work at an accompanying $10,000 raise. Best week ever!

But these coming days are going to be crazy, so if you are looking for Maggie, you’re basically SOL. I am working this week, taking Friday off, and spending the morning painting the new place. Then I am skipping off to Reston for Hehe’s wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Then on Saturday is her big day! I’m really excited for her, but also distracted by all the condo stuff, so I now I feel bad about being distracted and not being more excited for her. Sunday will be dedicated to finishing up the painting and cleaning the kitchen cabinets (they are covered in grease). My move-in day is next Monday, October 9, and my furniture is being delivered the next day! So basically, the next week is INSANE. In the membrane.

In honor of my new place I have made a list of the top 10 things that are great about living by yourself:

1) You don’t have to call your Mom to record Lost for you when you forget to tape it; you have your very own DVR that remembers to do it for you!

2) You can eat as much Mac and Cheese as I want and nobody can give me (I mean, you!) crap for it.

3) You can burp/fart/sneeze/cough etc. whenever you want.

4) There is nobody there to give you the stinkeye when you come home with another shoe store shopping bag.

5) You have more….private time with yourself (wink wink nudge nudge).

6) All the hot water is for me!

7) Doing laundry at 3 in the morning only inconveniences yourself.

8) Nobody moves your stuff around after you have placed it somewhere. Which means you can find it when you need it. Hopefully.

9) 3 closets, all for MEEEEE!

10) Clothing is optional.

No comments: