Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Twist My Arm Why Don't Cha

As I say in my profile, I have tried hard to bury my inner nerd, but it always seems to find it's way out (like that scene in Alien and Spaceballs). One of my guilty pleasures is the Sci-Fi series Battlestar Galactica that currently airs on Friday nights. Although I always have to tape it, because I'm not so lame that I'm sitting home on Friday night, but I think we can all agree I'm still a geek.

My mentor at work (the senior attorney who was assigned to train me) is also apparently a big nerd, because he watches the show as well. Although he is even a BIGGER nerd because he keeps trying to convince me to watch the original series from the 1970s. This would be the Battlestar Gallactica that starred Dirk Benedict. Dirk Benedict who played Face on the A-Team. Yeah, it's that bad.

Here is an email he sent me this afternoon trying to convince me to watch the original series:

From: Wight, David L
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 15:06
To: Riley, Margaret
Subject: RE: original BG


The original series has hidden Pandas throughout each episode.
Apollo's not a big wuss and he doesn’t have to resort to hookers.
You also get to meet his long lost sister.
Boomer kicks ass without whinning all the time.

Your life would be more fulfilled if you saw it.

Harry Potter is in it and Veronica Mars has a cameo.


Now. This is very funny to me. Because it tells me how easy I am to read when it comes to my hobbies. All he has to do is drop in pandas and Veronica Mars and I am all over it. Although this time I have successfully resisted. Good thing he didn't tell me Jensen Ackles was in it, I would have updated my Netflix que with that shit in 2 seconds.

No comments: