Thursday, September 04, 2008

Things on my mind.

These past few weeks I've been really distracted. And that's because I've been brooding. If you know me well, you know I'm a brooder. I brood, ruminate, obsess, etc. I could probably try to come up with more synonyms, but it would require consulting a thesaurus, and I am far too lazy for that.

I don't want to go all TMI on you, but there has been a health thing I have been dealing with. It's not a big deal, it's like an acute infection, and I'm fine, but it's something where the doctor doesn't know what's going on and it's been going for about three weeks. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, I've just been kinda occasionally uncomfortable, but the there are two things that have been really getting to me.

First, that I leave for my cruise in a little over a week, and I need to get this taken care of before then because what happens if something happens while I am on this ship in the middle of the ocean and they have really crappy doctors and can't do anything to help me...ok, *deep breath*

The second thing I have been concerned about is the NOT KNOWING. I wouldn't say I'm a control freak (*shoot dirty glance to all my friends laughing at me for making that statement*), but I like to know what's going on. Let me put it this way: I don't need to be the person calling the shots, but I need to know that somewhere someone has a plan. And the problem with what's going on right now is that I don't know what's going on! I need to know what's up, and then I can formulate a plan to fix it. Is that so much to ask for?

OK, enough whining. I have a prescription that is working, I'm feeling better, and I am going to the doctor again on Monday for the last time. I am about 75% confident that I will be totally fine come cruise time, and on Monday the doc should be able to give me a definitive diagnosis. So, yay! But if I seem a little withdrawn for the next few days, you'll know why.

Cruise countdown: 10 days!!

No comments: