Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You Can Never Go Back

I realize I have only been out of school for 6 months. But you must realize I spent 7 years there (undergrad + law school) so I have a couple ties to good old Williamsburg. Therefore, this weekend, I embark on the adult rite of passage known as: HOMECOMING.

No, I will not be attending the football game. I went to a football game at my high school last weekend and that was weird enough. Seriously, Josh and Caroline are the most awesome people ever for going with me. So I will not be attending the football game, but I will attend the band concert (yes, I am that much of a nerd), and I will go boozing at the local watering holes.

But the best part of homecoming?? Seeing my friends again! I was just informed last night Carl would be coming back (squeeee!), I am driving to VA Beach to see J.R. on Saturday, and of course the bridge peeps Beth, Selvi, and (maybe) Pete. And my fav piano player Mr. Gordon.

So yay for seeing old friends again, braggin about passing the bar and finding a job, and thanking GOD I never have to give William and Mary more money. Although I might pay that 10 dollar IT bill. I'm thinking about it.

So maybe you can't go back, but who really wants to? They may have been glory days, but they aren't THE glory days. There will be more to come. Sometimes it's just nice to go back and reminisce. And then come home and not have to worry about having quarters for the laundry machine. Quarters are strictly for downtown parking now. Does this make me an adult?

No comments: