Sunday, August 13, 2006

She Works Hard For The Money

Due to my current financial situation, meaning that I am shopping for condos and am starting to wig about how I will afford everything I need, I decided to work overtime this weekend. And every weekend. My job has overtime available on the weekends through September 24, and if I work 5 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday, I can make a sizeable chunk of change.

However, working overtime is the suck. Coming in on my days off...it's rough man. But I gotta say, I like working there on the weekends better than on the weekdays. I can drive in and park for free in the garage under the building, I can wear jeans (whoo!), and the office is empty meaning I can cubicle dance and sing along to my Ipod to my heart's delight. But it is still the suck since I would rather be outside enjoying my weekend.

And it hasn't been easy since the weather this weekend has been so gorgeous! Have you been outside at all? My GOD it feels like late September and fall is right around the corner. But I know it is all a clever ruse and more stifling heat is right around the corner. I saw An Inconvenient Truth. I know the end is nigh.

My request for you is that if you see me on gmail this weekend (or any weekend) feel free to distract me since I am pounding away at the keyboard on my precious days off. Come save me!

Currently Watching: "Farscape" MUPPETS. IN. SPAAAACE!

Currently Reading: ""Night in the Lonesome October" by Richard Laymon

No comments: