Monday, March 15, 2010

Nothing to see here, just move along....

I suppose everyone goes through periods when they feel like nothing much is happening in their lives. But it's not really true. I mean, SOMETHING is always happening, right? For example: this morning it is dreary and rainy and cold and I just want to curl back up in bed but instead I got up early to come into work because I always feel like I am not working hard enough even though I work like 6 days a week and am way ahead but still.

But that's not very interesting.

You've probably noticed that I haven't updated the blog in awhile. And it's not because I'm feeling lazy, or I've become too busy. Almost every day I ponder for a good minute or so (and that's actually a long time to ponder something, at least for me) what I could write on the blog. And I come up blank.

This is the same problem I have when people ask the question, "so what have you been up to?" Unless you've gotten engaged, married, had a baby, started a new job, or had some other life changing event, it's kind of hard to answer that question. Up until a couple months ago I used to be able to talk about how I had recently renovated my kitchen, but that's old news. Now all it seems I'm left with is, "oh, you know. Working, hanging out with friends, the usual." And while that's true, it feels really really lame to say.

So even though things have been going on lately, like that I've been busy planning a vacation to England in August, organizing a fun weekend at the end of this month for a belated birthday celebration, getting ready for a week-long work trip to Reno, rushing here and there for various social activities with friends and family, there's no real good way to relate these kind of general happenings.

So what have I been up to lately? Oh, you know. The usual.

1 comment:

Axl Rosa said...

You know... I'd subscribe to your blog but it doesn't seem to be an option.

I just thought you should know. It makes me feel like less of a stalker.