Tuesday, March 03, 2009

It's been one of those days...

I stepped out of the house this morning and had taken approximately 10 steps across the parking lot (headed for the bus shelter) when WHAM. Slipped on the ice and ended up on my back. Typical.

Look we all know that I am not the world's most graceful person, BUT, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Or in this case, our worst snow storm to hit in March. I mean, COME ON. In any event, it was not an auspicious start to the day. And the part that really pissed me off, is the dude who was walking maybe 15 feet away from me, saw me fall, kept walking, and didn't even ask if I was ok. ASSHOLE.

Nothing really major happened at work, other than it took me way longer to finish a case than I expected. But on the way back, there was traffic on the highway and all the buses were running late. So I was stuck outside the Pentagon in the 20 degree air for 20 minutes waiting for the bus.

Which meant I was tired and hungry when I got home so I wasn't paying attention and bent my entire fingernail back when sticking my steak in the oven.

I think I should be thanking god that I didn't fall off the elliptical machine and break my leg.

Ok, so I know in the grand scheme of thing, this day wasn't that bad. Nobody I know died, got sick, lost their job, but still. For an ordinary Tuesday, it sure had some annoying parts. But the Heroes episode I watched when I got home sucked. Thank goodness tomorrow is my work-at-home day and I can sit around in my PJs.

The lone shining star of joy for the day was my discovery that U2 3D would be returning to the Smithsonian Imax screen. More Bono is always a good thing!

No comments: