Tuesday, March 10, 2009

DE-NIED.

For the past two weeks, I have been looking forward to Monday, March 10. Why, you ask? Because that was SUPPOSED to be the day that my new television would be delivered. The television that I had scrimped and saved for, that I was devoting a big chunk of my tax refund to, and that I had discussed ad nauseum with my friends and family.

And what happened? A big fat nothing.

My delivery window was between 12 and 4 on Monday. According to the tracking number, my appointment was actually scheduled for 3:00.

At 3:15 I called the company who said they called the driver and my tv was 10 minutes away. Woot!

4:15: I call again. I was told that they couldn't get ahold of the driver and would call me when they heard something.

5:00: Still no word from the driver. They would attempt to call him again and call me back. "Fine," I said. "But if I don't hear from you I am calling you back in 15 minutes."

5:15: "We're sorry, Ms. Riley, but there was a mix-up and the tv never made it off the loading deck even the computer said it had been put on the truck. We can't get it to you tonight since we don't have a driver, but will deliver it at your earliest convenience."

I was so angry I couldn't even really talk about it on Monday. The thing that pissed me off the most was that they essentially lied to me at 3:15. They never talked to the driver, they only looked at where the GPS signal of his truck was and saw it was near me. So now tomorrow morning is the new D-day. And I'm telling you, they better be here, ON TIME, or there will be hell to pay.

No comments: