Sunday, June 01, 2014

You'll be playing for...A BRAND NEW CAR!

An event 15 years in the making....I just bought a new car! 


Yes, this means I had to bid a fond adieu to my 1999 Toyota Corolla. This car has served me well throughout the years; from college to law school to the first seven years of my being a real honest-to-goodness adult homeowner attorney. 

You're probably wondering what happened. Well, not to get into too many details (mostly because they are embarrassing), let's just say that the Corolla incurred some minor body damage recently. Unfortunately, due to the age of the car, my insurance company was not willing to pay to make the repairs and declared the Corolla a "total loss."

*insert sad trombone noise*

I'm not one to get emotional or even sentimental about a car. My Dad said it best when he said that I view cars as appliances. That's accurate. If I am comfortable driving it, it protects me from dying in a crash, and I don't find the layout and color too offensive then I am happy. Having said that, the Corolla was a great car and there was absolutely nothing wrong with its guts. I could have driven it another 5 years for sure. So I got really upset about it being considered totaled; so wasteful and pointless. And I certainly didn't start the week thinking I would have to blow half my savings on a car or go through the hassle of actually buying one.

But now that's all in the past and I find myself the proud owner of a 2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback!



Hyundai has apparently really been upping its game the past few years with solid craftsmanship, great safety ratings, and excellent warranties. I also got a pretty good deal, so no complaints. I'll mourn the loss of the Corolla...but I am excited about my new car!

 Driving it off the dealer lot....

And getting the keys from the salesman, Charles. I had a great experience at Pohanka Hyundai and definitely recommend them if you are looking for a new car! And a big shout out and thanks to my Dad for coming along with me and taking pics of the purchase!

No comments: